Saturday, April 28, 2007

live in Maison Ikkoku

MA MAISON

Hi...Blog, it’s been a long time not posting you! Well, this time I would like to write about my favorite manga, that is Maison Ikkoku. I’ve started collect the series since last years. My friend had told me that it’s an interesting manga, so I bought it. Now, I have the 7th series of the manga. For the purpose of showing you how interesting it is, I will write the prefaces of the entire series of the mangas..

m m m

Maison Ikkoku 1

“An apartment house ikkokukan is in a bustle everyday.

It is the stage of romance, comedy, horror and tragedy of its tenants. Misunderstanding and misfortune bring unexpected ending to their story. A world-shaking masterpiece by Rumiko Takahashi”

Maison ikkoku 2

“Kyoko-san, I love you!

Godai’s voice echoes vainly.

The odds tenants of Ikkokukan are involved in comical romance with a beautiful widow, Kyoko Otonashi.

Can Godai win her heart?

Maison ikkoku 3

Kyoko gives a meaningful answer to Mitaka.

Godai misunderstands her words and decides to leave Ikkokukan.

Kyoko believes that Godai is going to live with a girlfriend.

Comedy of love confused by errors and accidents

Maison ikkoku 4

Godai’s grandmother comes to stay unexpectedly.

By her frank words, Godai and Kyoko begin to suspect that they are mistaken. Just then, Mitaka shows up and all of they are thrown into another confusion

Maison ikkoku 5

All members of Ikkokukan come together to the station to see Godai’s grandmother off, who is going home at last. The train is delayed, so they begin a farewell party on the platform. They get too excited and…..

Maison ikkoku 6

Maison ikkoku 7

m m m

NANDA’S COMMENT

In overall, the manga is great. It has strong characters that complete one another. The story line also easy to follow and doesn’t makes us bewilder, though there are some funny and strange acts of the tenants which makes the relationship between Godai and Otonashi more complicated. In addition I like the way Takahashi describes Godai’s characteristic. Even though he is a poor student and called “ronin” by other tenants, he keeps patient and never owes a grudge at them. That is one of man’s characters that I can say, only one in a million on the earth. Now let’s go on to Otonashi character, she is a beautiful young woman although Takahashi is exaggerating a little in illustrating her physical character. She likes Godai but she always conceives if she married to Godai her life will be in destitution. Well, in my opinion, I could say that she is “a little bit” materialistic. How should we know our life in the future is that happy or calamity if we never try it?

Khe...khe… sorry if I’m exaggerates. Well, you know I put some personal feelings in it….I think I’m not ready yet like Otonashi…..GAMBATTE NE!!! Moreover, its simplicity in language style brings additional point to be read. I think I should thank to Ms. Ninuk Sulistyawati as the translator. Arigato gozaimasu!(forgive me if I’m misuse the expression). Well, I think that’s all for this time, its late now so I have to stop, won’t be late for work at morn.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Halo Nanda!

Secara nggak sengaja saya menemukan blog ini dan melihat ada ucapan terima kasih yang ditujukan buat saya. Well, kochira koso dou itashimashite... :)

Maison Ikkoku juga salah satu favorit saya dan menerjemahkannya merupakan suatu kesenangan tersendiri buat saya. Volume terakhir adalah volume 10 dan sudah saya terjemahkan semua, tinggal nunggu aja, ya. Semoga senang dengan endingnya!

Kalau ada kritikan untuk terjemahan saya (dalam buku lain mungkin) silakan saja diutarakan. Karena kritikan akan membangun saya lebih baik lagi. :)

Best Regards,

Ninuk Sulistyawati

dear_acha@yahoo.com